Sunday, October 17, 2010

In My Mailbox



In My Mailbox is a fun meme hosted at The Story Siren where we share what books we received this week.

Here's what I got...

Zombies vs Unicorns by Holly Black
Hardcover 432 pages
September 21, 2010

From Goodreads:
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
 Another trophy to add to my Carrie Ryan Collection, her short story  Bougainvillea. Can't wait to read this little beauty! I'm also very excited to read Libba Bray's Prom Night. I thoroughly enjoyed Going Bovine and am very curious to see how her zombie tale plays out. Even though I am firmly on Team Zombie, I believe The Care and Feeding of Your Baby Killer Unicorn by Diana Peterfreund has definite possibilities. I considered getting this book on the Kindle but would have missed out on the awesome cover, fun fonts, and little zombie and unicorn graphics.



4 comments:

Tina said...

Zombies vs. Unicorns! I have this on my TBR, too. :) Like you, I was thinking of getting this on my Kindle, but I decided not to when I saw a copy in the bookstore. I'm glad I got the print, too -- it's probably the cutest hardbound book I own right now. :D

And yes, go Team Zombie!

Danny said...

Ooooo zombie week!

I'm not so into Zombie's although I think its more pre justice - I will give them a chance!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I want this one so bad. I'm on the wait list at my library for it - my name can't come up fast enough!
Megan @ Read It, See It

CHRISTIE said...

Yay Team Zombie! I really want to read this one :) Enjoy!

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's Spooky and Attic Oddities Kit