Monday, January 2, 2012

11/22/63

11/22/6311/22/63 by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From Goodreads
November 22nd, 1963 was a rapid-fire sequence of indelible moments: Shots ring out; a president slumped over; a race to the Dallas hospital; an announcement, blood still fresh on the First Lady's dress. But what if President John F. Kennedy didn't have to die; if somehow his assassin could have been thwarted? For Maine schoolteacher Jake Epping, those hypothetical what if's become real possibilities when he walks through a portal to the past. Without special skills and still unfamiliar with his new/old surroundings, he struggles to discover a way to change the history he left. Like its Under the Dome predecessor, Stephen King's 960-page novel shows that this master of suspense is back at the top of his game.
I really enjoyed this book. I can't say that I was dying to read it...it wasn't exactly horror but it was a dark story at times. I always watch out for those Stephen King "threads" from his other novels. He didn't disappoint- the "Losers Club" from IT made an appearance. The ending was a little "Back to the Future" for me but I'm o.k. with it. SK could have made this novel a little shorter. I admit I skimmed a lot towards the end- I really wanted to know who the heck "the yellow card man" was! I think most Stephen King fans will enjoy this novel and JFK enthusiasts (especially those who like conspiracy theories) will too.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's Spooky and Attic Oddities Kit